Sunday, November 20, 2011

Optimism

I believe in being optimistic.  I think optimism is a sister with faith, or perhaps it is the result.  I experience plenty of opposition and discouragement.  It's been a challenging road to raise five children, while supporting my husband with his dreams and ambitions.  I have shed many tears and fought to keep my family together.  My husband and I, while united in our purposes, have very different personalities and methods, and it's sometimes challenging to communicate and agree.  If I have painted a rosy picture, it's because I try to stay focused on my blessings and the good things.  Every day presents a choice.  Either I can allow my feelings to give in to discouragement, or I can turn my face to God, and ask for help in taking the next step forward.  I am keenly aware of my imperfections, and I wish to overcome them.

No comments:

Post a Comment