Sunday, August 7, 2011

34 LDS Temples - Bountiful Temple

Recently, a friend and her husband, celebrated their 12th wedding anniversary.  To celebrate, they visited 12 different LDS temples, within a week.  I felt inspired as she shared her experience, and I could see the light twinkling in her eyes and in her countenance.  So, my wheels started turning.....

On Saturday, as my husband and I sat together in the Celestial Room at the Bountiful Temple, I proposed we visit 34 temples before our 34th wedding anniversary, next June.  There is no real purpose in visiting 34 different temples, other than to make it challenging and fun.  We have a little more flexibility in our lives, than we have had in the past, to even consider such a goal.

Before we left the temple grounds, we tried taking a picture of us, with the temple in the background, holding my husband's phone camera at arms length.  After a few frustrating attempts, we finally asked for help.   Hopefully, we will chronicle each of our temple visits with a picture, as proof of our adventure, and to capture the memory.  While attempting to get our picture, a father, mother and three young children walked past us, all dressed in white clothing.  We watched as someone took their picture as well.  I realized they had just been sealed as a family forever, and they literally glowed with happiness.

I spent the rest of the afternoon, using LDS.org, creating a list and information about each of the temples we might consider going to.  I mapped out three different trips with googlemaps.com, with stops at 6-10 temples on each trip.  We can take advantage of my husband's business trips, and I will consider traveling with him, if there is a temple nearby.  And, since we live along the Wasatch Front, we can visit nearby temples anytime of the year.

The LDS.org website was very helpful, giving information about individual temples, when they are open, the hours for ordinances, scheduling and contact information.  Now, if I only knew more about computers, I could superimpose our picture in front of temple pictures on-line, and you wouldn't know the difference!  :)  Now you hear my "task-oriented" side talking....  My excitement is growing, as I look forward to seeing new places, and enjoying the spirit of the temple, with my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment