Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bountiful Utah Temple, Chandelier - Poem

A beautiful crystal chandelier hangs in the center of the Celestial Room of the Bountiful Temple.  One day, while gazing at the countless sparkles of light reflected within it, and in the mirror behind, I felt the spirit whisper about a numerous eternal posterity.  At first, I was thrilled by the symbolism and vision about the future.  However, the next few moments I felt the tremendous weight and responsibility that comes with having a family.  I felt overwhelmed and said a silent prayer, acknowledging my weaknesses and fears.  But again, the spirit whispered that my Father in Heaven would help me learn one moment, or one day at a time.  How is it that the Lord is willing to trust us with his most precious gifts, his children, knowing our imperfections?

As a result of my first impressions, I wrote the following poem.

Chandelier

Celestial Temple mirrors
   Sparkle Chandelier’s reflection,
Points of light and color grow
   With each crystal’s motion

Contemplating stars above
   And countless sand and sea,
Abraham’s promised posterity
   Travel through time to me

Miniature diamond chandelier
   Within my wedding band,
Brilliant sparkling facets
   Reflect husband’s love and children

Beyond us travel the promises
   More than the eye can see,
Whether grain of sand or point of light,
   Shines our eternity

By Janice Harten
7/21/2008

Copyright © 2011 Janice Harten.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment