Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shakespearean Festival

Once a year, we travel to Cedar City to enjoy the Shakespearean Festival, and invite some of our children to join us.  This year was an experience in contrasts.  The first play we saw was "The Music Man", and I smiled all the way through.  The second was "Richard III", one of Shakespeare's plays, which is a history lesson about the consequences of ill gotten power, a statement about choice and character.

One of my desires, is to know the truth about what has happened historically throughout the world.  I wish I could know whether "this" historical account is true, or "that" one.  I like reading historical fiction, because I hope it contains bits and pieces of true history about different places and people.  Sometimes I wonder, when we get to Heaven, will there be a giant movie reel, anyone can watch, to uncover the truth of what really took place?  That is one movie I do not want to miss!  Except, come to think of it, maybe I would like to edit a few things in my own life, first!

No comments:

Post a Comment