Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blog Title - The Bright Secret - Poem

As I considered what to call my blog, I looked to my poetry for ideas.  One poem stood out, "The Bright Secret".  Everyone born on earth has the light of Christ within them, and we have a responsibility to nurture that light and share it with others.

I was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when I was eight years old, and soon after, while being blessed and confirmed, I was given the gift of the Holy Ghost.  This constant companionship of the Holy Ghost gives me additional light and knowledge.  With this increased knowledge I know who I am, where I came from, what I am doing here on earth, and my purpose after this life.  I can have a personal relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ, repent of my sins, and gain His divine attributes.

The challenge lies in keeping the light within us, bright!

The Bright Secret

A candle, when lit,
   Is placed on a
   Candlestick,
So that they which
   Come in
   May see,

Quiet service -
   Soon discovered, --
A life,
   Once lit by the Savior
   Cannot be hidden,
   The secret is bright,

And helps
   Light the way,
   For those searching
To see
   Christ's safe path
   Along life's journey,

*Let your light so shine
   Before men,
That they may see
   Your good works,
   And glorify your
   Father in Heaven*


By Janice Harten
Mar 6, 2008
Luke 11:33, Matt 5:16

Copyright © 2011 Janice Harten.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment