Friday, April 27, 2012

Sacramento California Temple - Can I Stay?

Can I Stay?  This is what I felt, while sitting in the Celestial Room of the Sacramento California Temple.  It was so beautiful, neither Bill or I wanted to leave.  It wasn't just the physical beauty of this place that kept us there.  There also existed a wonderful feeling of peace and warmth, that I have come to know as the spirit of the Lord.  The glorious chandelier, the full length windows surrounded in tinted blue, the magnificent arches, all echoed a song of love to and from the Lord.

When God created the earth, he made an especially beautiful garden for Adam and Eve.  There they walked and talked with him, and he taught them.  They were told to tend and take care of the garden, and to have joy.  I believe it is good to enjoy
and create beauty.  In reality we are each given a small garden, or world, to manage: our bodies, our families, our homes and property.  We tend, repair, improve, beautify and enjoy these creations made through God's gift and our own hands.  We praise him through our efforts and are accountable to him for these stewardships.  It is all practice and a prelude for a more permanent and glorious place.



When my husband and I planted two honey locust trees in our front yard, 20 years ago, we prayed for them to grow and be protected.  When they were new, a strong windstorm came up, and Bill and I literally held on to them to preserve them.  Our neighbors laughed at our comical efforts.  I have cleaned and painted every corner of every room in our home.  Bill has tended the yard, tilled and planted tomatoes and cucumbers in our small patch of garden.  We have laughed, loved, cried and pleaded with the Lord, for ourselves and our children, within this small plot of ground.  I pray the Lord will continue to sanctify and hallow this small spot in Eden's former plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment