Sunday, June 17, 2012

Reaching Our Goal - 34 Temples

We did it!  Below, is a complete list of 34 beautiful temples Bill and I visited before our 34th wedding anniversary, this year.   It began as only an idea, but blossomed into an unforgettable journey.  Looking back on it now, I see multiple miracles.  How could we afford the time or expense to travel across the nation?  It was as though the Lord opened up a roadmap for us to follow, as Bill's work took him from place to place.  And we filled in the gaps with a few extra road trips and miles.  But, by far, the greatest miracle is the increased love Bill and I feel toward one another, and the love we feel from the Lord.

We made the decision to include the Kirtland Ohio temple, in our total, even though this temple is not currently in operation.  However, it was the first dedicated temple of the latter-day dispensation, and holds a very important place in the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I hope by sharing our experience, my family, and perhaps others, might feel an increased desire to attend the temple, or are edified in some way by reading some of my poetry or thoughts.  I am attempting to put to use the talents and gifts the Lord has given me, to strengthen others.  I am grateful for my testimony and knowledge about the Lord's plan of salvation for myself and all his children.  I want others to enjoy the happiness I feel.

In the temple, we make covenants with the Lord.  These are sacred teachings and promises, accompanied by heavenly power, to help us change and grow to become like him.  They are glorious and edifying.  I think about them everyday as I make choices and decisions about how I conduct my life.  I have many weaknesses to overcome, but I have faith and hope, through Christ, that he will help me overcome them.

I feel the love of the Lord every day.  I do not have to travel somewhere else to find him.  I feel his spirit guiding and teaching me during quiet moments, and whenever I open my heart to him.  I am happy to live a simple and ordinary life, filled with family memories.


1.   Bountiful Utah
2.   Manti Utah
3.   Mount Timpanogos Utah
4.   Cardston Alberta Canada
5.   Kirtland Ohio
6.   Palmyra New York
7.   Boston Massachusetts
8.   Birmingham Alabama
9.   Atlanta Georgia
10. Winter Quarters Nebraska
11. Draper Utah
12. Dallas Texas
13. Oquirrh Mountain Utah
14. Vernal Utah
15. Denver Colorado
16. Monticello Utah
17. Jordan River Utah
18. Salt Lake City Utah
19. St George Utah
20. Las Vegas Nevada
21. Newport Beach California
22. Los Angeles California
23. San Diego California
24. Redlands California
25. Logan Utah
26. Kona Hawaii
27. Laie Hawaii
28. Twin Falls Idaho
29. Idaho Falls Idaho
30. Rexburg Idaho
31. Reno Nevada
32. Sacramento California
33. Oakland California
34. Provo Utah 

1 comment:

  1. You did it! What an amazing accomplishment! That is some legacy to leave your grandchildren. They will have such a love for the temple, because of the example of their grandparents.

    ReplyDelete