Thursday, May 10, 2012

Vision - Poem


Vision -

With multitudes following, Jesus of Nazareth was heard passing by
   When nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side
And cried, “Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me”
   The nearby crowd rebuked this man of faith, who could not see

Then, he called, more loudly, “Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me”
   Bringing him close, Jesus asked, “What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee?”
“Lord, that I may receive my sight,” was his fervent plea
   Christ commanded, “Receive thy sight, thy faith hath saved thee.”

Being a disciple among growing throngs that continue to follow him
   I wonder how my voice is heard, among many who worship him?
Calling from quiet, hidden places, I plead for the blessings I need
   And feel Him beckon and question, “What wilt thou that I shall do unto Thee?”

Discovering the gift to personal relationship, within closet and private prayer
   When I faithfully call out, he turns about, and looks at my need and despair
My hungering cry, his precious lamb, he listens, directs and feeds
   My vision heals and I behold, his individual love and tender mercy


By Janice Harten
Jul 27, 2007
Luke 18
Copyright © 2012 Janice Harten.  All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment