Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dream A Little

The journey my husband and I have been on this year has been most amazing.  I realize we would not have traveled and experienced all we have, without first allowing ourselves to dream a little and then develop a plan to accomplish it.  In the beginning I didn't know how we would find a way to visit so many different places with our busy schedules, plus pay for accommodations for each trip.  I did not know, at the time, that my husband's work would take him on so many trips across the nation.  We have watched for and taken advantage of every opportunity.

Paying for my expenses was a question I took to the Lord.  The idea came to ask my husband's small business, to pay for my expenses when I am with him on his business trips.  Through the years, I have helped our growing company by doing the bookkeeping, without compensation.  It's been both challenging and rewarding, to experience together the financial ups and downs.   Now, I felt there was a way provided for me to enjoy our travel.

I have discovered, the power of faith provides a way forward.  If I dare to dream and plan, a way will be found to accomplish that dream.  No doubt, I am following the Lord's example in this.  In the Pearl of Great Price, Moses 3: 4-7 we learn, first the Lord developed a plan for creating the world, then he set about building it.  First there was a spiritual creation and then a physical one.  It makes perfect sense.


And now, behold, I say unto you, that these are the generations of the heaven and of the earth, when they were acreated, in the day that I, the Lord God, made the bheaven and the earth,
 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew. For I, the Lord God,acreated all things, of which I have spoken, bspiritually, before they were cnaturally upon the face of the earth. For I, the Lord God, had not caused it to rain upon the face of the earth. And I, the Lord God, had dcreated all the children of men; and not yet a man to till the eground; for in fheaven gcreated I them; and there was not yet flesh upon the earth, neither in the water, neither in the air;
 But I, the Lord God, spake, and there went up a amist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
 And I, the Lord God, formed man from the adust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the bbreath of life; and cman became a living dsoul, the efirst flesh upon the earth, the first man also; nevertheless, all things were before created; but spiritually were they created and made according to my word.


The same principle of faith is necessary when choosing to marry or have children.  Some argue that they can't afford to have a family, or they are frightened by the thought of bringing innocent children into this evil world.  But, like in the movie "Indiana Jones, The Last Crusade", the pathway is often not seen by us, until we take the first step.  But, those who are afraid to step, will never find what lies ahead and experience the miracles available to them.

The way and the means become available along the journey.  To our mortal eyes, not everything is seen in the beginning.  We take a step and walk by faith.

2 Corinthians 5:7 reads,

(For we walk by afaith, not by bsight:)

No comments:

Post a Comment