Friday, February 3, 2012

Newport Beach California Temple - Veiled Invitation

The warm California breezes were wonderful!  I love everything about the Newport Beach Temple.  It is one of the smallest temples, but it has an attractive Spanish design.  There is natural light pouring through windows in every room, and the vaulted ceilings are works of art.  In the celestial room, the shadow of palm tree branches just outside, waved through the crystalized glass, from floor to ceiling. 

I thought how much this represents the veil separating us from heaven.  I could only see the shadow of the branches as they waved, but it was beautiful, and I wanted to see more.   Like someone waving to me from heaven, I wanted to greet them back.

Sometimes I grow impatient and wonder why I can’t see and remember the heaven I once lived in.  I want to hug my mother, who has passed away, and I want to experience relief from the difficulties of this life.   

In faith, I remind myself that this is all for a divine purpose.  This is a unique test for me to learn and choose who I will follow and who I will become.
  
The Lord does not force anyone into heaven.  He only waves, and invites.

Video of fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment