Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mrs. Noah - Poem



Mrs. Noah

Did Mrs. Noah bottle peaches
   Or keep pennies in a jar
Have I stroked or fed a lion
   Or learned to speak leopard

Did her garden grow zucchini
   Or did she rotate soup
Have I ever cleaned an ark
   Or paddled a canoe

Did she ever ask the question
   What’s all this stacked wood for
Have I found the answer to
   How long will bagged wheat store

Did she lift and swing a hammer
   To nail the door secure
Have I recently sought safety
   Through a temple door

Did she kneel beside grandchildren
   Teaching them to pray
Have I held and read to them
   The prophet’s words today

Did she hold and comfort them
   When the torrents came
Have I knelt beside their beds
   And taught them faith again

Did she seek Noah’s opinion
   On which dove to choose
Have I sought my husband’s blessing
   When wondering what to do

Did she joy and give thanksgiving
   Viewing rainbowed skies
Have I recognized God’s blessing
   In my family’s lives


By Janice Harten
Sept 6, 2008
Copyright © 2012 Janice Harten.  All rights reserved.

1 comment: