Sunday, January 15, 2012

Life - Poem

Life

One son kneels to bless broken bread and tiny cups of water
Walking toward me, another son, the sacred food he offers
I gratefully drink and slowly partake of the emblems and remember
The Savior’s life, given, that I might live and thirst again, never

Delivering life's saving ordinance into my waiting hands
The Lord entrusts imperfect youth, who do not fully understand
The meaning of these symbols and the power that they hold
In saving my rebellious, stubborn spirit, and ever repentant soul

Life of my Spirit enabled, through Christ’s priesthood ordinance
Performed by my own sons, become young men at my next glance
Each of us giving life for life, as the Lord’s called and humble stewards
Through me they came from Heaven’s throne, and through them we travel homeward

Janice Harten
January 20, 2002
Copyright © 2012 Janice Harten.  All rights reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment