Friday, January 13, 2012

Jordan River Utah Temple - Never Thirst

I believe the Jordan River temple is named for an actual river that flows through the Salt Lake Valley.  And I also believe, that river is named after the Jordan River which flows between the Sea of Galilea and the Dead Sea.

Water is the life blood of the earth.  Just like the blood that courses through our veins, rivers and lakes enable life to exist on this planet.  And as I listen to news accounts about space exploration, it seems scientists are intent on finding evidence that water did or does exist on any one of the planets around or beyond us.  As humans, we are hoping to find evidence that there is life somewhere, in addition to earth.

Christ once sat beside a well in Samaria, and asked for a drink of water.  Responding to his request, a Samaritan woman learned one of his most profound teachings.

"Jesus...said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."  John 4: 13,14

It is no wonder that Christ uses the metaphor of water to remind and invite us to partake of his gift.


Spiritual revelation flows like water.  One of the privileges I seek by attending the temple, is revelation or knowledge from the Lord.  I go with a prayer in my heart and mind, and am asking to learn.  My husband described his experience in the Jordan River Temple as a flow of ideas, as though a water faucet had turned on in his mind.  I would describe mine as drop by drop or a tiny trickle, but small streams are also beautiful.


It was different stepping back into a large temple, after having visited so many smaller ones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment