Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mesa Arizona Temple - Reflection

I saw a quiet pond and desert landscaping surrounding the Mesa Temple.  A long row of Hollyhocks greeted us as we walked to the front door.  These are some of my favorite flowers.  They reminded me of when I was young and visited my grandparents in Fairview, Utah.  We would pick the large colorful blossoms and use them as skirts for toothpick dolls.

Inside, at the end of the session, Bill and I descended a flight of stairs and walked down a hallway.  We both exclaimed in surprise as we caught our reflection in a large full-length mirror at the end of the hallway.  I was pleased with what I saw and I noticed our smiles and beautiful white clothing, but I felt self conscience looking at myself in this grand setting.  I kept ducking my gaze and then taking another peek.

Later, as I walked to the waiting area to meet Bill, I noticed several more full-length mirrors around other corners and down hallways.  It was as though I was looking through a portal and seeing myself as others see me.  I asked myself, "If I feel self-conscience looking at my own reflection now, what will I feel standing in the presence of the Lord, where my whole soul will be visible and my deeds will be known?  Will I even be able to look at Him, or will I want to hide my face?"  I realized there is no hiding from the Lord.  He sees all and knows all.



No comments:

Post a Comment