Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Denver Colorado Temple - Personal Gift

When I entered the Denver temple, I was greeted  by a temple worker, who checked my recommend card, verifying my worthiness to enter.  I noticed the extra care he took to kindly look me in the eye and welcome me.  Later, as I moved from the chapel, into the endowment room, another temple worker greeted me, looked me in the eye and shook my hand.  I felt their individual gratitude and appreciation that I had come.

One of the greatest mysteries to me, is how the Lord knows and loves each of us completely and personally.  It is more than my little brain can comprehend.  Yet, I have felt again and again, his personal attention to my concerns and my individual struggles.  I simply accept in faith, the power he has, to understand and love me, and that somehow I matter in the vastness of all his creations.  I accept that somehow, through the power of the atonement, he paid the price for all my sins.  Someone once taught, that even if I were the only person who had ever been born, Christ would have offered his life for me.

How can I possibly find a gift worth giving him in return?  I, who am a poor gift giver, have a lot to consider.




No comments:

Post a Comment